Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Vinyl!


Oh what fun, what a delight, the studio was messy with fabric tonight!

I bought this bit of red vinyl at the fabric store a month ago, and have been waiting to finish the walkers to break out the sewing machine. To be truthful, the other bag was supposed to be the lining, but was way too big, and I just liked it too much to hide it inside a bag.

The only things recycled on the red bag are the button that I bought at a flea market in Paris, and the very thick black thread. It is a very old spool of Lyseth thread that I rescued from Grandmothers sewing box. Now the other bag is all up-cycled from upholstery samples, and a bit of our wonderful vinyl.

I might do a couple more bags before I start painting Giuseppe.

Happy spring friends, Jill

3 comments:

  1. Jill,

    Those are nice. How do you like working with the vinyl as opposed to the jacket stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vinyl seriously sticks to the machine when you are trying to sew. Makes for some seriously strange seams sometimes. I will try backing the vinyl with paper next time I use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill,
    What a fun blog. Your perspective is refreshing, and your ability to communicate your playfulness is delightful.
    I'm having trouble going to bed at a decent hr lately as I've been having too much fun in my sewing room. i.e. 2:30 am! I've been quilting and actually made a purse myself!
    TTFN,
    Wendy D.

    ReplyDelete