Tuesday, March 1, 2011

going home poem

Home poem

My bra's all worn out,
my sox have gone crusty
my great new black coat,
at the least, it is musty.

My eyebrows, their bushy,
my mustach is thick,
and my lone chin hair,
long as half a toothpick.

But oh the pictures,
that go through my head,
when tonight in Spokane,
my head hits the bed.

Of kayaks and alleys,
from Venice to France.
Of shutters of green,
the Jewish round dance.

Of my dear camel,
she carried me around,
of my daily falaffel,
of sweet organ sound.

Of tears that flowed freely,
at the wailing wall,
of climbing monk hill,
I treasure it all.

So Is it all worth it,
this wandering about?
The metros, the hostles,
my back about out?

My life's more alive,
I'll enjoy the small things,
I'll laugh when life laughs,
and sing when life sings.

Oh yes it's all worth it,
it's worth every dime.
Thank you for reading,
we had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment