Thursday, March 17, 2011

Manito


Manito Park

I'm up, I'm off, I'm on my way.
I'm in my tennis shoes,
I'm heading straight to Manito
to chase away the blues.

The back packs full of this and that
to make it an event,
I think I thought of everything,
just left out the tent.

Jalapeno quesadillas
wrapped up in a paper towel,
roasted peanuts and fig newtons
I can hear my stomach growl.

Big thermos of alpine cider,
use two packets, make it strong.
picnic blanket, book and glasses,
lifting spirits with a song.

Loaded with my pack and lawn chair,
I'm headed out for fun,
if it weren't so cumbersome
I could break out in a run.

My pond it is so beautiful,
with ducks swimming about.
Manito is mine today,
a whisper is a shout.

Open my chair and settle in,
with cider in my mug,
sitting here on such a day,
is like a big God hug.

An ever-young comes walking up
with helper at her side.
She loves the ducks and makes them fly,
her joy she can not hide.

This is not the Grand Canal
or the Pantheon in Rome,
but it's just as beautiful
and just think-we call it home!

No comments:

Post a Comment