Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Two Me's

Have you ever been a waitress? Well that is what I do, at a fantastic, fantastic place. This little poem is what happened to me yesterday. I was serving a baby shower on one side of a wall with very happy people celebrating the new little life. On the other side of the wall, I was serving very sad people from a funeral that should not have happened.  Here's what came out...

Serving two sides
of a wall made of brick
being two Me's
will be quite a trick.

One side of pink
of giggles and glee,
wondering what this
new life will be.

One side of gray,
of black, and of brown.
Of faces too sad,
too sad for a frown.

How do I approach,
both sides of the wall?
Cheerful and bubbles,
invisible and small.

I'll offer dessert,
It is worth a shot.
Don't know about them
It helps me a lot.

Not one bite of a treat,
they're too sad to taste,
Oh, if I could help,
not a minute I'd waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment