Tuesday, May 3, 2011

One Legged Seagull

So I was on a little picnic at my Manito pond, and this little one legged seagull just stood close by me and just waited for me to write her a poem.  Here it is..

My dear one legged seagull,
just standing next to me,
get up and flap your wings,
and fly-you will be free.

Oh I know you have but one good leg,
you have convinced me it is true
but if you flap those silly wings,
your joy, it will be new.

You'll fly over my Manito,
and see amazing things.
Stop looking at your one lone foot,
and flap your big white wings.

Over the old men on the bench,
chatting up about the day.
Over the boys, run-ning along,
with fishing net they play.

You'll fly over all the houses,
with people in the yard.
Enjoy your flight, one legged friend,
though flapping might be hard.

Oh yes you'll see gulls trot about,
on nice webbed feet of two,
but fly my friend, enjoy the day,
Your wings were made for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment