Thursday, February 17, 2011

life as a server

I had the privilege of serving an amazing group last night. It started when the lady called and asked for paper name tags for the men, because they had not seen each other for twenty years. Ok I found some. Then they started arriving. Her, a beautiful 90 year old lady, and trickling in were all these men from about 60 to around 80 years old. See, she used to be some kind of worker for the military. She had no kids, and her job was to help all the new doctors that were to serve there. This gathering was of all her "kids". I have to tell you, the influence one lady can make on a large amount of people over 25 years is incredible. She took all these "boys" on just like sons. They showed so much love to her it was beautiful. Oh, to have such a legacy.
If my little influence at the restaurant with my "kids" will be even one tenth as great as hers, I will have succeeded.

2 comments: